The thrilling vibe of summer puts you in a vacation mood as you start planning all your summer activities. This is also a great time to start looking at some flower seeds to get for your garden. In the sweltering heat of the Indian subcontinent, you will find that there are some excellent varieties of flower plant seeds that you can consider growing. If you are someone who wishes to grow flowers at home in pots, then that can be done too. You do not need a big garden or an expansive backyard for this. Just a pot or a container and some essential gardening equipment and you are good to go.
The seeds of plants are already available for you to order at Urja Seeds, so you just need to get your garden gloves on. Browse through a range of flower seeds online at our store and buy flower seeds online you wish to grow.
There are numerous summer flower seeds to pick from and we have listed a few options that you can grow.
Sunflowers are usually a midsummer plant but some can even retain their blooms until a part of the Indian monsoon season. These bright and happy flowers add a refreshing touch to the environment with their iconic motive of blooming in the sun and shying away when it's gone. Buy sunflower seeds online and have these exhilarating flowers in your garden.
Here's how you can grow your very own sunflowers from home:
- The soil needed for this flower should be slightly acidic and well-draining.
- While watering, make sure that you keep the soil evenly moist. This will help the successful germination of seeds.
- If you are planting in pots, then sow the seeds 4 to 5 inches from each other.
- Generally, they prefer as much sun as they can get but ensure the flower receives at least 6 hours each day.
- Your first flower should bloom in 2 or 2 and a half months.
This vibrant flower is extremely low maintenance and will last for at least the start of the first few weeks of frost. These flowers come in several colours. Those who do not have much experience in gardening can start by planting this flower and enjoying its colourful bloom. Grow zinnia flower seeds and make your garden colourful and beautiful.
Here's how you can take care of your zinnia plant:
- The soil you prepare should be fertile, have organic matter and be well-draining.
- Depending on the size of your pot, you will have to space out your plants.
- If the pot is small, then you should plant just one zinnia plant.
- To water the plant, ensure the soil remains moist, only a few times a week.
- Zinnia requires full sunlight.
- You will notice the first bloom of this flower in around 2 months.
The liveliness of the summer can only be accentuated with the addition of this feisty flower. There are various uses for this flower, especially in India where use is abundant for religious purposes. Follow these steps to grow marigold flower seeds at home:
- Ensure your soil has a good potting mix added.
- Depending on the variety, the spacing will range between 6 inches to 10 inches.
- You can sow the seeds directly into the soil.
- Water regularly to make sure that the soil is moist enough.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer for this flower.
- Marigolds love the hot weather so full sun is the most beneficial.
- The flower will bloom in about 8 weeks from sowing.
Another one of those very summery flowers who thrive well in this season, nasturtiums are a great pick for growing. The best part? They are very easy to grow and care for. So, you can pick this one without having to think about the hassle. Here are some points you should keep in mind while growing nasturtiums flower seeds:
- For soil preparation, you can take some potting mix in a pot that has enough drain holes.
- Each seed should be planted half an inch deep into the soil, each seed 9 to 10 cm apart.
- This flower needs full sun since they are a summer plant but 3 to 6 hours of sunlight should do too.
- Water regularly enough to moisten the soil.
- In about a month or so, your plant should start blooming.
No, we do not mean anything to do with the universe here. However, these flowers are certainly as beautiful as the cosmos. With soft pink petals that resemble cotton candies, we are sure having this refreshing flower in your home garden is something you will enjoy. There are other colour varieties to pick from too if you desire to have some vibrancy. Here are some simple things to keep in mind while planting cosmos:
- You do not need any specific soil for these flowers so some potting mix with the organic matter should be fine.
- You can sow the seeds directly into the soil with each seed 12 to 18 inches apart from each other. Use proper gardening tools for sowing seeds.
- Water the plants regularly to make sure the soil does not dry out.
- Make sure you clear off any weeds and deadhead the plants regularly.
- Cosmos need full sun if you want them to grow well.
- You can expect to see the flowers bloom in 7 weeks.
Want to stock up on your favorite seeds? Get a wide variety of flower seeds for home garden at our website. You will find some of the best flower seeds here.
About Urja Seeds
Find premium quality seeds online like vegetable seeds, flower seeds, micro green seeds and exotic seeds for your home garden at the most affordable prices. We at Urja Seeds, take pride in providing every single assistance required to start the kitchen garden at home. We provide high yielding varieties of seeds so you get the maximum output from the little seeds.
Q1] How do you take care of summer flowers?
A1] Regular watering will ensure that your flowers are well cared for because the heat can cause the soil to dry out faster.
Q2] What can cause summer flower damage?
A2] Pests like gall mites, leaf miners, as well as very rough winds, can cause damage to your summer flowers.